Terra Santa is the church of the Latin community of Larnaka and is also known as Santa Maria delle Grazie (Our Lady of Graces). The architectural style of the convent combines impressive Renaissance and Baroque characteristics.
Franciscan monk Callixte Martel founded the church and the convent in 1596, mainly to house Latin pilgrims visiting the Holy Land. In 1724, a larger church and convent replaced the original buildings, which in turn were demolished in 1842 to be replaced by the present church structures.
The Catholic nuns of Italian origin at the convent have a long tradition of philanthropic services to the community of the town. They currently run an old people’s home on the church grounds.